7 Principles for Ease and Mastery in Movement
-A Feldenkrais Approach
- The dynamic balance between instability and stability
- How to move with ease and grace
- The secrets of flexibility and support embedded in every musculo-skeletal system
- How anxiety and curiosity shape our individual developmental sequence
- How qualities of movement are clues for your investigation
- The special role of intra-abdominal pressure in our physical and emotional worlds
- How moving and learning are entwined
“This is a delightful book, full of practical exercises and convincing stories about how to get to know yourself better from the inside—and the inestimable benefits that result if you do. I found it fascinating and enlightening, and you will too.” —Guy Claxton, author of Intelligence in the Flesh
“Moving from the Inside Out is an exciting and lucid presentation of the potent ideas behind the practice of the Feldenkrais Method. A central theme of the text is the pivotal role that how we move plays in our overall health. The authors create an inviting, multifaceted narrative, using stories, theory, and movement experiments that quickly engage the reader. Moving From the Inside Out provides a wonderful new introduction to the Feldenkrais Method, and at the same time its themes will be relevant to a wide variety of health professionals.” —Elizabeth Beringer, Feldenkrais Trainer and editor of Embodied Wisdom
About the Authors
LESLEY MCLENNAN has had a diverse background through teaching, performance, arts administration, and philanthropy. The unifying themes of movement and accessibility have linked each stage in her professional career. McLennan initiated the webinars on Organising Principles that have been the foundation of this book.
JULIE PECK is an internationally respected educational director of Feldenkrais professional training programs (FPTPs). Her annual schedule has her crossing the world to teach, present workshops, and mentor, between weeks at home working in her practice. Her passion is creating learning environments through which students can discover their full potential.
- Amazon.ca: Kindle: $15.92 CDN; Paperback Book: 28.66 CDN
- Indigo.ca: Kobo: $23.19 CDN ; PaperbackBook: 28.95 CDN